This is a good problem to have as it means you have built a successful business.
Some of the questions we get asked as the accountants to businesses (and we have the answers for you) are as follows:
- When should we sell?
- Should we sell all the business or part?
- Who should we use to sell?
- How should we offer the business for sale?
- Should we offer the business to the existing management team?
- Should we offer employees share incentives to lock them in?
- Can we identify our likely successor or buyers?
- How can we structure the sale to maximise our return and minimise our tax?
- Should we run an Enterprise Management Incentive Scheme?
- What are phantom shares?
- What are loans notes?
- How do I get security on a deferred sale?
We will of course need to meet you and understand your business and aims before we can answer these questions.